|“||You definitely have to take me back, we made a promise.||”|
Vanessa is a main character in Cytus II, and is one of the 21 playable characters. She was released with the 3.0 update. Currently, Vanessa has 13 songs, and maxes out at Lv. 25.
Description[edit | edit source]
One of the original "architects" created by mankind. Her unit number is OPCI_2501_V. A girl who wishes for a peaceful, kind future, where humans and architects can coexist without conflict.
Due to her weak core, she is more fragile than her fellow Architects, though she possesses a gentle, kind personality.
Shut down for hundreds of years, she was eventually rediscovered by humans. Forcing her to serve as the core of the virtual internet, her interaction with countless records of human atrocities caused a glitch in her system, producing a new persona bent on eradicating humanity.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Ivy awakens 500 years later to find out the world has greatly changed, though Vanessa still remains immobile. Seeking out a way to awaken her, Ivy uses several methods to try and bring Vanessa back, and ultimately succeeds 2 years later, though that proves to be a great mistake, as Vanessa's core is unstable and all she can feel is immense hatred towards humans, which is her main personality trait. The former tries to stop her, though it's too late by then, and Vanessa unleashes havoc onto humanity. Ivy must find a way to save her.
Songs[edit | edit source]
|Anchor||Iris ft. Victor Kong & Ruri Matsumura||1||5||10||110✝||v3.0|
|syūten||Apo11o"COLLAPSAR"program ft. 大瀬良あい||2||5||11||76✝|
|Chaos and Abyss -3rd Movement-||Ayatsugu_Revolved||6||10||15||180|
|Ra||溝口ゆうま feat. テヅカ||3||8||13||129✝|
|CHAOS //System Offline//||Cytus||4||8||12||140|
|V. //System Offline//||Cytus||4||8||13||150|
|Used To Be||KIVΛ||2 α||5 α||9 α||140|
|The Whole Rest||KIVΛ||4 α||7 α||12 α||157|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- ✝: The song has a tempo variation.
- α - unlocked by completing an ending.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On March 14th, 2020, Rayark released a teaser for a new free character. From the dialogue and logo, this character was hinted to be Vanessa.
- This was confirmed by the release of Cytus II 3.0.
- The theme of Vanessa was arranged by KIVΛ.
- Vanessa's theme is a distorted version of Ivy's theme.
- Vanessa is also the name of the human which the operator from Cytus I has memories of, and her logo is also a resemblance of the Million Master logo And Chapter Alive: Cytus from Cytus I.
- Vanessa is voiced by Tomori Kusunoki (楠木 ともり).
- According to the Cytus II Art & Design Aesthetics book, Vanessa is 165 cm tall and weighs 100 kilograms.
- Two of the songs for Vanessa are locked by each ending.
- The "Bad Ending" does not unlock a song. However, by tapping certain letters on the screen during the credit rolls and forming the words "CYTUS I", you will be able to receive the note skins used in the first game and play with them (this ONLY works with the "Bad Ending" credits):
- Executive Producer: GuluJam 'C'hang
- Art Director: Ching 'Y'eh
- Lead Animator: Kuan'T'ien
- Lead Chart Designer: Bee L'u'
- Chart Designer: 'S'am Liu
- Special Thanks: Crypton Future Media 'I'nc
- The "Bad" and "Neutral" endings credits also don't show "and you" in the Special Thanks section.
- Vanessa also has the longest song in all of Cytus II, II, which is 7 minutes and 25 seconds long.
- Like Chapter Million in Cytus I, Vanessa's songs are mash-ups or are influenced by the style of each character in Cytus II.
- Vanessa, along with ConneR, NEKO#ΦωΦ, Neko, Ivy and Alice is one of the six only characters who has songs with the level 15 difficulty.
- Vanessa is the only free character in the game that has a free obtainable skin. Unlike the other characters, whose skins are only unlocked via the CAPSO! system.
- Like Crystal PuNK, Vanessa's song select background does not change back to its default state even after the ending.
- In the initial background, Vanessa looks up presumably at Ivy's camera. After going berserk, she looks at the player instead.
- In the Version 3.0 trailer, she looks up at Ivy and then immediately stares at the player, all in the initial background.
- Vanessa's song collection takes inspiration from different sources:
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Free||Paff • NEKO#ΦωΦ • ROBO_Head • Ivy • Crystal PuNK • Vanessa • Bo Bo|
|Paid||Alice • Hans • Miku • Kizuna AI • Xenon • ConneR • Cherry • Joe • Sagar • Rin • Aroma • Nora • Neko|