|“||You definitely have to take me back, we made a promise.||”|
Vanessa is the main antagonist in Cytus II, and is one of the 21 playable characters. She was released with the 3.0 update. Currently, Vanessa has 15 songs, and maxes out at Lv. 35.
One of the original "architects" created by mankind. Her unit number is OPCI_2501_V. A girl who wishes for a peaceful, kind future, where humans and architects can coexist without conflict.
Due to her weak core, she is more fragile than her fellow Architects, though she possesses a gentle, kind personality.
Shut down for hundreds of years, she was eventually rediscovered by humans. Forcing her to serve as the core of the virtual internet, her interaction with countless records of human atrocities caused a glitch in her system, producing a new persona bent on eradicating humanity.
Ivy awakens 500 years later to find out the world has greatly changed, though Vanessa still remains immobile. Seeking out a way to awaken her, Ivy uses several methods to try and bring Vanessa back, and ultimately succeeds 2 years later, though that proves to be a great mistake, as Vanessa's core is unstable and all she can feel is immense hatred towards humans, which is her main personality trait. The former tries to stop her, though it's too late by then, and Vanessa unleashes havoc onto humanity by means of the Ender Virus. In a desperate attempt to console Vanessa, Ivy kidnaps Noah to help her transfer Vanessa's original consciousness into an empty architect shell; this fails, and as a result Vanessa becomes the head of a hive mind of Architects, each of which now emulate her burning hatred for humanity.
Vanessa can emulate the personality of those who she has absorbed into her consciousness. Most notably, Vanessa has emulated the personality of Cherry to manipulate Xenon, as well as Neko's fans to weaken Neko's resolve. It has also been shown that Colin Neumann Senior was absorbed by Vanessa, although how this happened was never explained.
|3:00 a.m.||aioi feat. KAMATA JUNKO||3||7||12||180||3:00|
|Anchor||Iris ft. Victor Kong & Ruri Matsumura||1||5||10||110-150||2:45|
|CHAOS (System Offline)||Cytus||4||8||12||140||4:05|
|Chaos and Abyss -3rd Movement-||Ayatsugu_Revolved||6||10||15||180||2:32|
|Ra||溝口ゆうき feat. テヅカ||3||8||13||129-226||2:40|
|Syūten||Apo11o"COLLAPSAR"program ft. 大瀬良あい||2||5||11||76-96||2:25|
|The Whole Rest||KIVΛ||4||7||12||13||157||2:31|
|Used to be||KIVΛ||2||5||9||12||140||3:13|
|V. (System Offline)||Cytus||4||8||13||150||3:11|
Result Screen Quotes
"Humanity... must not... sur-survive..."
"... Urgh! ... No ... NO!!"
"Humans... k-k-kill... kill... d-d-d-die die DIE!!!"
"You... are you regularly synching with the matrix?"
"L-L-L-Let... let me.. g-g-go..."
"I... think I m-m-must... synch... with the m-m-matrix..."
"Something is not right... can you tell me what happened?"
"No need to worry. Continue trying. It will get better."
"... I feel like you're hiding something from me."
"If only I could be as smart as you..."
"Your voice... it makes me feel so calm..."
"The voices... they're disappearing... one by one... "
"Thank you... I feel so much better now..."
"Humans, they...they can create such beautiful sounds..."
"... Live well, at least until "the very end"..."
"So... a better world can be created, together with humans."
"Yes... Can I call you by your name?"
"Ivy, we promised... we would see the blue flower once more..."
- On March 14th, 2020, Rayark released a teaser for a new free character. From the dialogue and logo, this character was hinted to be Vanessa.
- This was confirmed by the release of Cytus II 3.0.
- In the normal background, the following Cytus I icons can be found on the slider animation:
- The theme of Vanessa was arranged by KIVΛ.
- Vanessa's theme is a distorted version of Ivy's theme; more specifically, it is Ivy's theme run through a bit-crusher.
- Vanessa is also the name of the human which the operator from Cytus I has memories of.
- The connection between the Operator Vanessa and the Architect Vanessa have been hinted too throughout the story, however, no cannon conclusions may be drawn at this time.
- As of the 3.9 update, an image similar to that of #Data 0502, a memory of Operator Vannessa, from Cytus Alpha is seen in one of Vanessa's OS logs.
- Vanessa is voiced by Tomori Kusunoki (楠木 ともり).
- According to the Cytus II Art & Design Aesthetics book, Vanessa is 165 cm tall and weighs 100 kilograms.
- Two of the songs for Vanessa are locked by each ending.
- The "Bad Ending" does not unlock a song. However, by tapping certain letters on the screen during the credit rolls and forming the words "CYTUS I", you will be able to receive the note skins used in the first game and play with them (this ONLY works with the "Bad Ending" credits):
- Executive Producer: GuluJam 'C'hang
- Art Director: Ching 'Y'eh
- Lead Animator: Kuan'T'ien
- Lead Chart Designer: Bee L'u'
- Chart Designer: 'S'am Liu
- Special Thanks: Crypton Future Media 'I'nc
- The "Bad" and "Neutral" endings credits also don't show "and you" in the Special Thanks section.
- Vanessa also has the longest song in all of Cytus II, II, which is 7 minutes and 25 seconds long.
- Like Chapter Million in Cytus I, Vanessa's songs are mash-ups or are influenced by the style of each character in Cytus II.
- Vanessa, along with ConneR, NEKO#ΦωΦ, Neko, Ivy, Bo Bo, Graff J. and Alice is one of the eight characters who has songs with the level 15 difficulty.
- Vanessa is the only free character in the game that has a free obtainable skin. Unlike the other free characters, whose skins are only unlocked via the CAPSO! system.
- Like Crystal PuNK, Vanessa's song select background does not change back to its default state even after the ending.
- In the initial background, Vanessa looks up presumably at Ivy's camera. After going berserk, she looks at the player instead.
- In the Version 3.0 trailer, she looks up at Ivy and then immediately stares at the player, all in the initial background.
- Vanessa's song collection takes inspiration from different sources:
|Cytus II Characters|