We shall meet again in the... 'afterlife'.Ilka
Ilka is a main character in Cytus II, and is one of the 23 playable characters. Currently, Ilka has 10 songs, and maxes out at Lv. 25
In the days before humanity was revived, there existed a group of Architects who possessed self-awareness. Among them, Ilka was their leader. She led her comrades in an effort to break free of the protocols that controlled them. However, the non-awakened units forced her to take desperate measures. In the pursuit of their ultimate goal, she decided to risk it all: they would jump from the highest tower, hoping to carry on their mission in the “afterlife”…
300 Years in the future OPCII_2052_IL works relentlessly as an enforcement agent for the Administration Bureau. During her missions, her fate becomes intertwined with that of Rald Neumann, Colin Neumann's great grandfather. Together they take their first steps into the unknown; to confront the rogue architect known as Ilka and unveil a disastrous plot which threatens all of humanity.
Ilka expresses a powerful sense of righteous justice. After being awakened in the reconstruction period, she views past scenes of human history: tragedies filled with immense hatred and irresponsibility that humanity has repeated time and time again; seeing that humans are incapable of change, she decides the new world they are building would be better off without them.
Empathetic and considerate, Ilka strove to include all of the Architects in her plan for a better world. However, after a half awakened architect accidentally endangers them all, Ilka makes the difficult decision to cut the Half Awakened from their plans,
Ilka relentlessly pursues the future she believes in, so much so that she would take her own life in pursuit of her goals.
Notable Relationships & Interactions
Character relationships are intimately related to the games story. Read at your own risk.
- Ivy | Ilka actively sought to recruit Ivy to join The Blessed, although this offer was always refused, as her plans did not include half-awakened architects such as Vanessa. Ilka and Ivy eventually strike a deal; Ivy will help Ilka with her plans if Ilka helps her develop a temporary Cytus Matrix for Vanessa to use. Ilka is ultimately betrayed by Ivy, leading to the events of The Purge. Despite threatening, blackmailing and physically assaulting Ivy, Ilka holds a deep reverence for her and is fully aware that the successful completion of her plans are only possible with her help.
- Vanessa | Ilka saved Vanessa from a potential work site accident and later worked with Ivy to create a temporary Cytus Matrix for Vanessa to connect to. Despite actively helping Vanessa numerous times, Ilka harbors resentment towards her as she is the reason Ivy refuses to join The Blessed.
- ConneR | Scenes of the reconstruction project shown from Ilka's perspective are contained within a chip that has been handed down through the Neumann Family since the generation of Rald Neumann.
|History Dstr∅yeR||溝口ゆうま feat. 大瀬良あい meets まるもこ||6||9||15||170||2:22|
|Re:The END - 再 -||Apo11o"Æther"program ft. じまんぐ × 大瀬良あい||4||9||15||110-150|
|Victims of Will||Jun Kuroda||3||6||13||200||2:47|
|"You have no right to question me."||"I'll say it again, this mission isn't for you."||"Keep your cool. Don't allow yourself to make poor decisions."||"Not bad... You've exceeded my expectations."||"Oh? You've lifted my spirits a little."||"Excellent. The success of our operation is ensured."|
|"Pitiful. You're about as useful as a Sleeper."||"Based on the current situation, the optimal decision would be to abort."||"Hmph, is that all? Don't tell me this is the best you can do."||"Your proposal is worth considering."||"Your talents are intriguing. Why not join us?"||"Tell me, is there anything can I do to convince you to join the revolution?"|
|"... You're a... malfunctioning Architect, right?"||"... Such a shame."||"Is there a delay in your response time? Do you need to run diagnostics?"||"... Seems you might be suffering from a slight malfunction."||"... You can do it. I believe in you."||"... You're a very unique human."|
- Both of Ilka's themes were composed by SiHanatsuka.
- Ilka is one of the two characters to have two themes, the other being Vanessa.
- Ilka was first revealed in ver 2.0 in Ivy's O.S. logs where she served as a plot device.
- When Ilka was announced as a playable character in ver 4.0, the Cytus community assumed she would be free as every other major version update released a free character as well. However, she was released as paid DLC, resulting in backlash from the community.
- This makes her the first character to be released as DLC in a major update.
- NEKO#ΦωΦ, ROBO_Head, Ivy, Vanessa, Bo Bo, Graff J., Alice, Hans, Ilka, ConneR and Neko are the only characters with level 15 difficulty.
- With 4 level 15 charts, Ilka has the highest proportion of level 15 songs of any character (4/10)
- A song about her, iL, is available from the Black Market in Emotion Samples Vol. 01.
|Cytus II Characters|