Two hands tightly clasped among the sound of soft weeping, embracing the last bit of warmth left behind...
Crystal PuNK is a free character in Cytus II. They are one of the 23 playable characters. They were released with the 2.5 update. Currently, Crystal PuNK has 18 songs, and maxes out at Lv. 40.
Former punk and rock band Crystal PuNK, comprised of Cherry, Xenon, Joe, and KAI, partly reunite in the current chaos. With shaken pasts, the band struggles to become whole again. Due to the escalating issues in the world, can the band reform, or has the past damage been too much? Will their past feelings for one another be their downfall or their ultimate resurrection?
Each member of the band has unique personalities that when combined, form Crystal PuNK. Whether it be Cherry and Xenon's past relationship, KAI's friendly attitude, or the joking nature of Joe, the group all form a distinctive self.
Character relationships are intimately related to the games story. Read at your own risk
- Neko | Neko was a diehard Crystal PuNK fan and they are what inspired her to start making music. The knowledge that Xenon was the former lead guitarist of the band was what led Neko to meet him for the first time.
- Xenon | The former lead guitarist of Crystal PuNK. He joined the band when Joe approached him after seeing his demo. His time in Crystal PuNK was the catalyst to him falling in love with Cherry. When he realizes that Cherry's father had killed his father and rendered his sister comatose, he approached Cherry about it. Xenon's inability to accept Cherry's dark side as the daughter of The Mediator led to them breaking up; without a lead guitarist and vocalist, Crystal PuNK fell apart.
- ConneR | While ConneR was never a big fan of Crystal Punk, claiming that their music was too "noisy" for him, he is aware of their existence.
- Cherry | The former lead vocalist of Crystal PuNK, She joined the band after Ruby left as the lead vocalist. Her time in Crystal PuNK was the catalyst to her falling in love with Xenon. Her father, The Mediator for the gangs was being tracked relentlessly for his crimes by Xenon's father. Tragically, her father shot and killed Xenon's father and rendered Xenon's sister comatose. When Xenon approached her about this, she claimed that he would never be able accept her dark past and ran away. Left without a lead vocalist or a lead guitarist, Crystal PuNK fell apart.
- Joe | The former bassist of Crystal PuNK. He and Kai were the original members of the band and painstakingly worked together to recruit an appropriate vocalist and guitarist. Despite always joking around he may be the most dedicated member of them all. When Crystal PuNk disbanded, it drove him to search for a purpose in life and may have catalyzed his turn to underground trafficking.
|Dark Madness||Shi Kuang Lee||4||7||13||160||2:30|
|Still (Piano Version)||Rua feat. K||2||5||9||130||1:49|
|Sunshine Duration||Re:Brych VOC Sing Sing Rabbit||3||7||12||174||3:17|
|The Cross (feat. Silvia Su)||Lyc||4||6||11||120~134||2:52|
|Darling Staring...||technoplanet feat. はるの||4||7||14||198||2:20|
|Crimson Fate||tetsuyanao feat. ROXI CHENI[渣泥ZANI]||4||8||13||180||3:04|
|V.R.W (feat. shully)||カラスヤサボウ||3||6||12||142||2:57|
|Velkinta feat. Cikado & A-Tse||EAjRock||3||6||11||160||3:10|
Result Screen Quotes
|"God, this is even more pathetic than the pop music club in the Academy..."||"… Please tell me that it's something wrong with the instrument."||"The composing needs more layers, right? Now, it feels like something's missing."||"Hey, our teamwork used to be much better, right? Cheer up!"||"New single complete! Hehe, the fans would be ecstatic."||"This is awesome. This is how it's like in the good old days!"|
|"I'm almost starting to miss LUMY and the others... Guys, take it more seriously."||"Looks like we need to be more focused... Everyone's a little too~ slack."||"The music field is a bit blurry. Adjust the Balance before we continue."||"If we want to be on the big stage, we need to work a bit harder~"||"New single complete! Hehe, the fans would be ecstatic."||"Nothing beat playing music together with you guys after all!"|
|"Even the once amazing Crystal PuNK has fallen to this level..."||"Stop stop stop! JOE, you messed up the root AGAIN!!"||"Leader, that previous part isn't quite right. Can we practice it again?"||"Haha, I don't mind just playing around. I really enjoy this."||"... Want to host another music festival? The one we never got to host."||"Simon, let's start from zero!"|
- As they are a band, they are the first playable character to feature more than one character.
- The theme of Crystal PuNK was arranged by KIVΛ.
- The color for both Cherry & Crystal PuNk, English Red, is a dark pink variation which is used to symbolize: love, being nurtured, beauty, femininity, and energy. In contrast, English Red is never associated with finance.
- Before the 2.5 trailer was released, it was widely misconstrued that Crystal PuNK was going to be a character called "Sherry." This would have been a backstory for Cherry. (As Aroma is to Paff) This made the community rather upset. This was due to having to pay for the prequel to an already paid character.
- This is Rayark's second free character after the game's initial release, the first one being Ivy. The third one is Vanessa, the fourth is Bo Bo and the fith is Graff J.
- Crystal PuNK's song list was put out before the character was released by a Chinese distributor.
- Included in this song list were 5 songs that remain unreleased. It has been theorized by the community that these were unreleased due to artist relations in the Taiwan/China independence debate. While not confirmed by Rayark, this theory was corroborated by MELOIMAGE, one of the affected artists, during a fan interview in October 2020.
- The unreleased songs are as follows:
- Despite the character not having a viewable "Bad Ending" background, a bad ending skin can still be found in the games files.
|Cytus II Characters|